- Prenatal visits to discuss pregnancy sensations & emotions, birthing expectations, and coping mechanisms.
- Emotional and physical support during labour and birth.
- Moral support for partners and any other family & friends present at the birth.
- Assistance in the initiation of breast feeding immediately after birth.
- Postpartum visits to check up on Mom and Baby and to discuss any concerns.
Doula Birthing and Support Services
Prenatal visits are spent getting to know each other … and more specifically to discuss:
- The stages of labour
- The Birth Plan – hopes and expectations, fears and concerns
- The roles of the partner and other support people
- Individual coping mechanisms
- Visualization exercises
- Relaxation techniques
- Yoga positions to enhance pregnancy and birth
I believe that a woman’s body, during the experience of birth and delivery of a baby, is like a powerful fine tuned machine. It should be given the right care and attention, surrounded by an environment that facilitates relaxation This is the best fuel for a labouring woman, and without tampering too much with the mechanics by intervening when not necessary, the body will ease into what it was designed to do and perform superbly.